The Blackmagic company has released a new version of its Blackmagic RAW Player 2.1 software with support for Mac computers using Apple’s new M1 processor.
This new version also adds desktop support for playing clips captured with Video Assist 12G HDR monitors when used with Panasonic Lumix S1H, S1 and S5 cameras and Nikon Z 6II and Z 7II cameras. These cameras can be connected with Video Assist to record with the Blackmagic RAW codec, giving them great detail and color throughout the production process.
List of new features in Blackmagic RAW Player 2.1
- Native support for Apple Silicon on Mac
- CPU decoding optimized for clips captured with the Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12
- Blackmagic Generation 5 Color Science Technical Reference Document
- Support for Blackmagic RAW clips captured with Panasonic Lumix S1H, S1 and S5 cameras using the Blackmagic Video Assist monitor
- Support for Blackmagic RAW clips captured with Nikon Z 6II and Z 7II cameras using the Blackmagic Video Assist monitor
- Performance and stability improvements for the Blackmagic RAW Adobe Premiere Pro plug-in
- General performance and stability improvements
For Mac users you need as a minimum requirement that it is running macOS 10.15 Catalina or later.