SmallRing launched the Mini Mate Box a very versatile, lighter and more compact version of a Mate Box.
As promised in the previous product presentation, the Blackmagic Design company has just released the Blackmagic Camera 7.3 update, which adds some interesting features to the BMPCC 6K Pro, 6K and 4K. The long-awaited 5th Generation Colorimetry science arrives with this update.
Now you can calibrate the BMPCC screen and it includes an optimized RGB histogram, indicators of loss of detail in the color channels, and a false-color guide.
BMD, which is always attentive to the needs of indie producers, also added the possibility of receiving the time code through the XLR inputs for microphones, (now we understand why they placed 2 XLR inputs in the recently released BMPCC 6K Pro), and The autofocus function and active lens control have been improved.
Apart from the 5th generation colorimetry, screen dimming and recording in Blackmagic RAW Q1 and Q3 format (of constant quality) have also been added in the BMPCC 4K and 6K, as well as in Blackmagic RAW DCI 4K format in the 6K model.
Blackmagic 7.3 update
This update is for Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, 6K and 6K Pro cameras
- Updates luminance histogram to RGB histogram
- Add color channel clipping indicators
- Add a false-color guide screen
- Add LCD screen calibration settings
- Improves autofocus and active lens control.
- Improves the visibility of focus peaks
- Fixes an issue with importing LUTs and presets.
The BMPCC 4K and 6K also get:
- Support for Generation 5 Color Science
- Support for LCD screen dimming to save power
- Adds Q1 and Q3 Blackmagic RAW recording options
URSA Studio viewer
- Fixes a bug that can cause image misalignment.
What’s new in Blackmagic RAW 2.0?
- Support for Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K
- Support for dual card recording
- Blackmagic Generation 5 Color Science Updates
- Compatibility with DaVinci Wide Gamut and DaVinci Intermediate gamma
- Support for Nikon Z 6II and Z 7II Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Assist
- General performance and stability improvements.